Strategic Procurement department is seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Procurement Specialist to identify and drive process improvements across the Source-to-Pay (S2P) lifecycle on a national level (LA, New York and Seattle). This individual will be accountable for a Requisition queue, numerous spot buy & potential long term sourcing events, and supplier program management projects from beginning to end (e.g. Project kickoff to Purchase Order Creation).
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in assigned categories to ensure contracts, purchase requisitions, and purchase orders are transacted efficiently and effectively
- Negotiate supplier pricing and terms, and summarize hard/soft dollar savings for numerous spot buys in respective categories in line with HBO policy and industry best practices
- Review, evaluate, and approve purchase requisitions within an e-Procurement system ensuring: selected suppliers are appropriate, terms of any resulting agreements ensure protection for HBO, and pricing takes into account the total cost of ownership for the purchase
- Utilize interpersonal and critical thinking skills to develop better relationships with key stakeholders while providing smart solutions that best meet the organization’s needs from a total value standpoint (i.e. cost, process, service, innovation)
- Procurement lead on all meetings with stakeholders and suppliers; esp. in Supplier Relationship Management activities i.e. Quarterly Business Reviews
- Initiate and implement process improvements which improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the e-procurement process
- Ad-hoc Sourcing:
- As needed, acts as sourcing subject matter expert for various categories including but not limited to Corporate Goods and Services, Inventory, Technology – Hardware
- Review buying patterns, identify opportunities for improvements in procurement process, and recommend sourcing initiative based on those patterns
- Develop customized strategy for sourcing opportunities (e.g. appropriate level of engagement – strategic negotiation, RFx, reverse auction, etc.) and execute entire project of project.
- Primary contact for all RFx participants, suppliers
- Leads the contract negotiation in collaboration with the project team
- Approx. 3-5+ years of relevant work experience performing buyer duties including sourcing preferred
- Undergraduate degree required
- Exhibits high attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy, especially in the requisitioning process and in the defining of project requirements
- Must be highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks in support of departmental goals
- Demonstrates ability to lead, influence and provide recommendations in support of Sourcing initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (advanced skill set), MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Candidate must be a team player and able to work with a strong sense of urgency
- Experience using Oracle preferred, specifically iProcurement & Purchasing
- Knowledge of e-Sourcing tools for RFx, Contract Management, Spend Analysis highly desired