| || This is Our Great Big Story |
Great Big Story is a global media company devoted to cinematic storytelling and inspiring people to seek the wonder in the world. Headquartered in New York, with bureaus in London and Stockholm, our studios produce and distribute micro docs, short films, digital series and TV series.
We are a video network dedicated to the untold, the overlooked and the flat-out amazing. Our camera-toting, curiosity-driven storytellers roam the globe in search of awesome. Humans are extraordinary. Our team is no exception.
You can find Great Big Stories here and here and here plus here but also everywhere.
This is What You’ll Be Doing
The Community Manager will develop and nurture the audience community across Great Big Story's various platform followings-one that's lively, civil, and caters to the intellectually curious leanings our brand attracts.
- Listen to and build connections among GBS audiences daily in tight collaboration with editorial and PR teams
- Represent the voice of the fan in the editorial and audience development processes
- Invent and produce audience participation projects, products and events for GBS across distributed and owned platforms in tight collaboration with colleagues across product, editorial and sales teams
- Collaborate with the audience intelligence team, using analytics to understand the community makeup, and work with product and partnerships colleagues to grow the community through innovative partnerships and new products
- Develop and evangelize community and participation best practices across the extended GBS team
- Collaborate with the GBS product and editorial teams to develop and launch GBS engagement platform, vet UGC contributions & socialize, and manage growth efforts of owned and operated digital platforms
This is What We Need from You
- 5+ years experience in community development and/or social media
- Social media savvy, with editorial and social media connections
- Understands the strengths and weaknesses of various platforms in the distributed media space (Facebook vs. Instagram, YouTube vs. Vimeo, and others)
- A varsity communicator with a flair for deft and quick interaction (e.g. public diplomacy in real-time). Soft touch with a hard edge
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Equally supreme creative and product development skills, with a collaborative orientation-this job is much more about facilitating creative work among many people than doing it alone
- Handy with a spreadsheet
- Background in digital media is strongly preferred
- College degree and/or relevant work experience
These are (some of) the Perks
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- A Tuition Reimbursement Program
- A huge family that includes CNN Worldwide, HBO, Adult Swim (and too many more to name)
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.