| || Assistant Art Director |
| || DC Entertainment |
| || DC Comics |
| || Publishing |
| || Publishing |
| || United States - California - Burbank |
| || 163955BR |
| || Full Time |
| || DC Entertainment (DCE) is home to the iconic brands of DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash and more), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD. DCE drives the strategic integration of these brands throughout Warner Bros. Entertainment divisions, creating content and experiences with DC stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive entertainment. DCE is also the largest English language comic publisher in the world. Its publishing business generates thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year. |
| || What part will you play?|
DC Comics seeks an Assistant Art Director for the Art, Design & Collected Editions department. Position is responsible for the design of covers for DC/Vertigo/DC’s Young Animal titles.
What do we require from you?
- Support & assist Design Director in the design and digital production of covers for DC Comics/Vertigo/DC’s Young Animal.
- Under the supervision of the Design Director, create innovative design and typographic solutions for periodicals in a variety of formats as assigned.
- Provide support in the manipulation and preparation of high- resolution image files for print. Logging in and updating status of cover turn-in documents.
- Help with the production of sales support materials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Art or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience required, publishing background and Macintosh based Desktop Publishing System required.
- Ability to take input, direction and to creatively execute a design from concept through completion required
- Familiarity and appreciation of the comic medium preferred.
- Knowledge of the four-color print processes.
- Extensive experience with Macintosh computer systems, software and the ability to create accurate electronic mechanical and image manipulation.
- Some knowledge of Excel and Word.
| || The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law. |