| || About Turner / Our Story|
TBS, Inc. is an American Media conglomerate and division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
Do you like YouTube? Do you like cartoons? Do you have a passion for digital content? We're looking for a highly strategic and insightful individual to join our Cartoon Network social media team as Senior Marketing Manager to run the Cartoon Network YouTube channel.
You'd be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy for the Cartoon Network YouTube channel. We're looking for someone passionate about the kids space, digital content, and YouTube. We have a fun, creative team and need someone who will fit in, while bringing strategic insights around digital content to the table.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee the Cartoon Network YouTube strategy
- Have a deep understanding of YouTube and ability to determine and shape and achieve Channel goals through data analysis, market trends, target demographics, etc.
- Act as the platform lead for Cartoon Network, representing cross-departmentally and Turner-wide
- Work to proactively create and implement strategic recommendations for YouTube and other new video platforms
- Work side by side with the Associate Creative Director for social, guiding the team with both creative insight and data-driven strategic recommendations
- Maintain, update, and report developments in the digital media and kids entertainment space
- Understand historical and trending characteristics of the social video landscape
- Problem-solve by developing new processes and innovative structures and solutions
- Develop campaign-level strategies based on company priorities and goals
- Attend weekly project meetings, acting as the representative for YouTube and reporting back to the team with updates
- Proactively facilitate internal creative reviews with the design team
- Create analytics reports and help various internal parties incorporate YouTube reporting
- Initiate optimization projects for the day-to-day team to deploy
- Perform detailed evaluation of Cartoon Network YouTube channel, identifying needs, growth opportunities, competitive realities, unique business opportunities, etc.
- Create and deliver presentations to key stakeholders
- Operate the channel with high revenue generation in addition to having revenue goals tied to you and the team
What do we require from you?
Essential skillsets for channel management
- Experience managing a YouTube channel
- Existing relationships with YouTube creators
- Rights management knowledge (licensing, copyright, etc.)
- Optimizing video organically
- Expertise in social media campaigns
- Data and insight analysis
- 7-10 years’ experience in online video, social media, digital agency
- 2-year minimum of YouTube platform knowledge required
- Previous experience managing a YouTube channel
- Previous experience working with top level executives and managing international communications
- Proven ability to turn data into knowledge, and knowledge into insights
- Ability to think creatively and communicate complex solutions efficiently both internally and cross-departmentally
- Knowledgeable and passionate about online video; specifically YouTube, Instagram, and other kid-skewing platforms (ex: Musical.ly, Snapchat, etc.)
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Team player possessing strong desire to join forces and elevate the collective whole
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with platforms and other creators
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Time management and quantitative/analytical skills required
- BA or BS required
But wait, there’s more!
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.