| || This is our story|
CNN and Turner are headquarted in Atlanta, occupying over 2 million sq.ft. in the CNN Center, Techwood campus, Williams St. studios, and various other buildings. These critical facilities house multiple newsrooms and studios for Adult Swim, CNN, HLN, and Turner Sports, Class A office space, and onsite data centers. We are currently in the middle of a multi-year renovation plan improving much of our Atlanta locations, with some major projects completed and many yet to begin.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The Director, Workplace Strategic Planning will provide real estate Strategic Planning assistance for Turner business units across Atlanta and globally. The Director acts as a gatekeeper for space utilization in the Atlanta area and owns the multi-year strategic space plan. You will be the glue between a variety of interrelated functions required to support Turner’s ever-changing real estate and space needs.
What will you be doing?
- Build strong relationships with business unit leaders to understand the space and operational needs, size, and interdependencies with other business units, and to know space requirements before business changes are broadly public.
- Collaborate and communicate across Turner Properties functions including Real Estate, Project Management, Broadcast Technology, Interior Management, CAD and Systems, Finance, and HR.
- Develop and maintain an overall strategic space plan for Atlanta real estate with projections for future years and projects required to complete the space plan each year.
- Incorporate into the Strategic Plan the current state of each business within Turner as well as future projections, Turner space planning guidelines and goals, overall budget strategies, and resource constraints.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive overview schedule for major projects showing timelines, relationships and interdependence of projects and moves required before and after construction, and lead appropriate communications with stakeholders.
- Consult with business unit leaders, research options, and provide guidance and options for business units requiring space through the work order system or via other communication methods, for everything from single moves to complete business reorganizations or expansions.
- Prepare studies, as required, for Global Real Estate leadership to respond to changing real estate directives and initiatives. Research and present scenario models for space acquisition, new construction, relocations, consolidations, etc.
What experience do I need to have?
- Minimum of 10 years’ space planning experience, managing teams, and supporting Executive-level clients
- Systems: Workplace Management, ideally Archibus, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Architecture, Interior Design, Building Management, Engineering, or Business
- Comprehensive compensation package including 401k, benefits, and paid time off
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, TBS, DC Comics and Warner Bros!