| || What part will you play?|
Warner Bros. Distributing Inc. seeks a Senior Market Research Data Analyst for the Market Research department. Position is responsible for the preparation, reporting, and billing of market research projects for all theatrical titles, with a focus on analyzing incoming data based on sample research.
- Collaborate with data scientists at contracted vendors to receive and review raw data files.
- Ensure proper data weighting is in place to reflect sample consistency across tests conducted on our film slate.
- Design, build, and maintain normative databases on our film slate, and save core documents in our shared file system for easy access.
- Search for, and report, marketplace trends which may have bearing on our current and future business operations.
- Assist with the design and development of questionnaires (e.g. reviewing coding logic), and provide norms to establish benchmarks using internal historical databases.
- Collaborate with other business units in the organization on broad-based research projects which may have applicability to our film slate.
- Transcribe focus groups feedback, review data files, and read completed questionnaires to assist with analysis of key findings, which may be disseminated to production, filmmakers, marketing, and distribution personnel.
- Ensure purchase orders are established with contracted vendor fielding the test, and working with our finance teams to assure payment is made accordingly. Provide research budgets for WB releases, monitor and update budgets as work is conducted and money is spent. Interact with SAP and iCampaign operating systems and marketing finance departments to maintain each budget. Responsible for incoming billing from research vendors, audits and reconciles amounts charged to ensure accuracy and then approves and submits for payment.
- Monitor consumer and critical feedback, including referencing online sources (e.g. aggregated reviews on Rotten Tomatoes), as well as vendors maintaining panels and reviewing moviegoer club memberships, to see how findings from those outlets (e.g. audience composition) are similar or different from what was reported in research testing.
- Confer with management on the development of brand equity studies to better measure affinity for titles with ingoing familiarity thru a prior movie, TV show, book, game, news event, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelors degree or higher in related field required, including Marketing, Marketing Research, Statistics, Behavioral Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Humanities/Liberal Arts, etc.
- 1-3 years employment with focused concentration on conducting, analyzing and reporting survey market research studies preferred, either at a full-service research supplier or in a market research department at a client company.
- Statistics, engineering, computer science & technology experience preferred.
- Must have a strong foundation in both quantitative statistics and qualitative research.
- Must have proficiency with numbers and data processing programs (SPSS and/or PSPP).
- Must have advanced Excel knowledge – specifically building and maintaining macros.
- Experience with reading and interpreting digital research analytics is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of market research fundamentals and processes.
- Must have Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Must enjoy movies; have a passion for them!
| || The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law. |