| || This is our story|
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The Segment Producer, CNN en Español is responsible for conceptualizing and creating unique content segments that live within the content of a full-on show and other platforms.
What will you be doing?
The Segment Producer must be able to understand the multi-dimensional efforts needed to create a great show segment which will include writing, efforting and researching guests or experts, editing powerful packages and using complementary materials to enhance a show such as use of new media elements, social media links, and creation of polls or contests.
S/he must understand the importance of follow up and continuing packages in the long-term planning of a show. The Segment Producer will work with the Line Producer and Sr. Producer, as well as with program planners, to develop concepts for the shows and will execute them in a 360-degree production manner.
S/he will also collaborate with graphic artists, editorial and production teams.
The Segment Producer is also responsible for generating, pitching and executing original reporting and story ideas. The Segment producer must have control room experience and be able to cover line producer responsibilities.
S/he must possess exceptional vision, creativity and editorial skills to produce compelling and engaging multiplatform content.
*Must be fluent in Spanish and English*
What do we need from you?
- At least 5-7 years’ production experience in the television news industry
- Able to produce multiplatform content network-wide.
- Prior experience with magazine format shows strongly preferred
- Experienced with guest/talk show formats with strong knowledge of lifestyle topics required
- Must be flexible and able to work long hours under deadline pressures
- The job requires strong tape producing and strong writing skills
- The ideal candidate must be a creative thinker who, under deadline pressure and changing circumstances, can construct finely crafted segments - either packages or interviews
- Ability to edit scripts, write, and edit tape material
- Knowledge of CMS, Wordpress and similar programs to upload content to web preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Avid and Final Cut Pro, iNews, and Mediasource a plus.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.