| || |
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Architect, Content Security & Anti-Piracy will help design, maintain and support the sustainment of various Turner content security and anti-piracy policies, standards and procedures, assist with the management of content distribution security, reviews and synthesize media technology research. This position will also support various internal technical initiatives related to media distribution. This employee will report to the Sr. Director, Content Security and Piracy Management.
What will you be doing?
What do we require from you?
- Help define and orchestrate operational aspect of anti-piracy related technologies, including maintenance of internal tools
- Help design, develop and maintain a set of tools leveraging various Content Security APIs (including the Google YouTube API) used for enforcement against the infringing use of Turner's content
- Work in coordination with Turner and Time Warner various internal groups (Audit, Distribution) facilitate the review of workflows and distribution path
- Participate in the creation and implementation of Turner wide Anti-piracy and Content Security policies
- Help ensure enforcement of all aforementioned policies
- Work in tandem with Turner legal department to review and process day to day management of content infringement related requests
- Execute on ad hoc requests from various Turner's and Time Warner divisions and work in coordination with Turner's legal department and enforcement vendors to ensure infringing content is taken down accordingly to Turner's internal policies and various local regulations (e.g. US DMCA)
- Manage day to day relationship, operation and communication with third party enforcement vendor(s)
- Work in tandem with Turner brands to manage and maintain policies, risk management review process and resulting set of procedures
- Help maintain a content valuation process for both US domestic and International markets in alignment with Time Warner policies
- Help maintain and manage a set of pre-existing Content Security policies for both US Domestic and International markets, in alignment with Time Warner policies; implement and maintain a set of pre-existing Production Security policies
- Implement globally marking technologies, enabling global tracking of Turner assets
- Help manage exception requests related to policies
- Build, leverage and rely on Time Warner wide relationship with other Anti-Piracy operational teams
- Interact with the various Anti-Piracy operational groups with Time Warner's various division (e.g. WB, HBO, etc)
- Help drive regular meetings / reporting with the various operational anti-piracy teams across Time Warner divisions
- Facilitates technology evaluations of security platforms and secure digital workflow
- Review current and future anti-piracy technologies available including watermarking, fingerprinting, secure tracking, content encryption at rest, secure transport and DRM solution
- Maintain an up to date database of all solutions, available for the anti-piracy team and all its partners (e.g. ISO, TNS, MSS)
- Maintain a test lab where various technologies shall be reviewed and investigated
- Help in presenting all content security technologies/solutions, writing white papers, presentations and setting up physical demonstrations (in all various Turner offices)
- Engage third party vendors for audit of secure proprietary solutions when required
- Help review and negotiate Content Security implementation for both acquired and licensed content, globally
- 3+ years professional experience in media distribution platforms and/or automation of digital workflows
- 2+ years professional experience in media backend tools development (incl. Unix/Linux platforms, scripting languages (Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.), Database management (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS-SQL, etc.)
- 2+ years professional experience in media transformation workflows (transcoding, etc.)
- Experience in and advanced understanding of cryptography
- Experience in and advanced understanding of web based video playback
- Experience in an area of emerging technologies and/or content security
- Media/Television Entertainment Industry and Technology experience preferred
- Experience with Google YouTube's Content ID APIs preferred
- Experience with Facebook's Rights Manager APIs preferred
But wait, there’s more!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.