| || VFX Production Supervisor |
| || Warner Bros. Entertainment Group |
| || WB Pictures:Prod Mgmt |
| || Film Production and Distribution |
| || Production/Post-Production |
| || United States - California - Burbank |
| || 162008BR |
| || Full Time |
| || Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team. |
| || Warner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.’ slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories. |
| || What part will you play?|
Warner Bros. Pictures seeks a VFX Production Supervisor for the Visual Effects department. The position provides critical research and coordination to the Visual Effects department as outlined below:
- Generates and updates detailed Visual Effects breakdowns and budgets by reviewing scripts and storyboards and discerning appropriate effects related issues from the material. Coordinates materials (scripts, breakdowns, etc.) for distribution to Visual Effects companies for bidding. Further develops this information with input from the Senior Vice President, Visual Effects.
- In consultation with the Senior Vice President, prepares and reviews customized Deal Memos and new hire paperwork for VFX production staff.
- Monitors Weekly Status Reports, Shot Summary Updates, etc. submitted by Production VFX staff. Distributes proper forms to VFX production staff.
- Maintains a weekly analysis of VFX costs reports and overage requests and completes a departmental weekly budget summary per project that details any additional expenses or savings and tracks exact number and types of shots.
- Reviews Visual Effects contracts insuring adherence to VFX policies pertaining to retaining assets, credit guidelines, etc.
- Acts as a direct project manager on shows that do not have a designated VFX staff assigned to them. Liaisons between production, editorial and vendors; tracks shots from shoot through final delivery; manages all aspects of effects budget.
- Distributes and manages VFX weekly agenda.
- Works on special projects as directed by the SVP, Visual Effects, such as statistical analyses and emerging trends.
- Assists with video conferencing and VFX reviews.
What do we require from you?
- High school diploma required.
- College degree preferred. Studies in the area of Film would be a significant plus.
- Mac skills required. Proficiency with Excel required.
- A thorough knowledge of the Visual Effects process is essential (from budgeting to final delivery of films).
- Knowledge of database programs such as Shotgun, Filemaker, 5th Kind, Pix.
- Experience in estimating and production management of Visual Effects is essential.
- Diplomacy and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues and confidential matters are of paramount importance.
| || The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law. |