| || Production Administrator |
| || DC Entertainment |
| || DC Comics |
| || Publishing |
| || Publishing |
| || United States - California - Burbank |
| || 161990BR |
| || Full Time |
| || DC Entertainment (DCE) is home to the iconic brands of DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash and more), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD. DCE drives the strategic integration of these brands throughout Warner Bros. Entertainment divisions, creating content and experiences with DC stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive entertainment. DCE is also the largest English language comic publisher in the world. Its publishing business generates thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year. |
| || |
What part will you play?
DC Comics seeks a Production Administrator for the Manufacturing & Production department. This position will run production on assigned DC products. This includes coordinating with Editorial, in-house resources, separators & printers to achieve material due dates and ensuring all required approvals are achieved to meet the projects ship date.
- Responsible for the tracking of periodical cover workflow out of the design department and into production.
- Performs pre-flight quality checks on all print-ready files.
- Responsible for the tracking/production of interiors by working with Editorial and printer CSR’s to achieve all required approvals to maintain quality standards. This also includes working with colorists, editorial, advertising, and the printer with checking proofs.
- Route color proofs to and from Editorial. Quality control proofs and ensures comments and/or corrections by Editorial department have been made. Inspection of all color files that will be used in the titles assigned. Inspection includes, resolution, ink levels and over all print quality.
- Maintain daily update of the Cover Schedule status of art, color, routing, and approvals to print, and disseminate to proper channels.
- Works with Editorial department and printer with regards to material delivery schedules.
- Creating PDF’s and in-house proofs to achieve all required approvals to maintain quality standards.
- Create final print ready PDF’s and uploads to printers’ FTP site for digital review, and gives final approval to print.
- Oversee the delivery of files and successful approval with print vendor.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all questions raised by printer with regards to materials supplied.
- Attend weekly Periodical meetings to discuss status of assigned books.
- Check off weekly cover titles of last chance copies and assist with distribution.
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS degree or equivalent job experience in related field required.
- 4 years or more production experience required.
- Background in print production required.
- Proficiency with MAC computer required.
- Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Administrative skills required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability work overtime, as needed, required.
- Understanding of print production required.
- Knowledge of comics preferred.
- Knowledge of Soft Proofing, InSite, and Smart Review a plus.
| || The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law. |