| || This is our story|
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
Executive Producer, Sports CNN en Español runs the CNNE sports unit and is responsible for executive producing shows fully from editorial & cross-platform content to show production and programming on-air delivery for all Sports content.
What will you be doing?
The CNNE EP This position is the key lead for Sports content efforts for CNNE, including planning & pitching, to managing production and the associated business case and budgets for sports programming. As a newsroom manager job this role acts as the head of sports production for the CNNE network. The EP-Sports works closely with CNNE executives to ensure newsgathering & programming directives are being carried out, as well as ensure stories are being covered from different angles across different show formats. The Executive Producer is a production leader that works closely with producers & show teams to ensure the highest quality of production and presentation. The EP Sports reports directly to the VP, Programming of CNNE.
What do we need from you?
- Supervises and oversees Sports content and programming across platforms for CNN en Español. Assesses news stories from a sports angle throughout the day, and works with DOC and CNNE Newsroom EPs to determine story selection and make recommendations for in-show editorial decision making as it relates to sports. The EP Sports consults with CNN executives on vital decisions concerning editorial content, implements network plans and sets the tone for subordinates & Senior Producers on daily direction of the network. This position is the highest-level position for programming and production in the newsroom.
- Partners with the CNNE SVP/GM, and VP, Programming to assist in execution of sports strategic and editorial initiatives that will result in the greatest revenue and ratings return. Meets with and develops internal and external partnerships that will help achieve linear and digital goals thru the sports content focus lens.
- Partners across CNN departments, working in close partnership with CNN Sports/World Sports, features, CNN Sports/World Sports, Turner Sports, and other internal and external stakeholders to maximize existing content and help develop and execute Sports large-scale, tent pole, sponsorship opportunities.
- Constantly evaluates the best path for short and long-term growth
- The EP Sports communicates the creative vision for the sports content and programming, approves and enhances the show rundown and meets regularly with sports team, and gets feedback from newsroom EPs and CNNE newsroom show teams, to post mortem programs, content, and delivery. Partners with Senior Producers and ensures they mediate between newsgathering and production.
- The EP Sports works closely with other departments including Planning, Standards and Practices, Legal, The Row, Technical & Operations, Cross-Platform, Digital and Graphics. The EP Sports will work with the Cross-Platform Supervisor to develop cross-promotional strategies and ensure show content dissemination across all CNNE platforms.
- Managerial/Leadership – the ideal candidate will possess a strong leadership presence and collaborative personality; Manage performance, and effectively and efficiently handle employee relations. Be a strong leader in the newsroom and the control room; foster relationships and manage high-level talent; demonstrate strong managerial skills, lead and develop a show team in support of the strategic vision as set by senior management.
- The ideal candidate is a hands-on individual, that on special assignments can research, gather, write, edit, produce content from the field or in the newsroom to be presented across platforms – including the Sports shows and across digital platforms – social, web, and mobile.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
- 6-10 years of editorial experience and 7-10 years of experience successfully running shows and managing people in network and/or cable television.
- Collaborative personality with an aptitude for working under pressure with diverse talent and staff, in addition to collaborating with Executive leadership and managing on-air personalities.
- Strong editorial judgment and editorial leadership involved in editorial, operational, and managerial strategy.
- Editorially mature with a superior knowledge and understanding of the audience, and/or extensive experience in live programming with the ability to translate this into an energetic and dynamic program.
- Must have experience in programming for a social and digital audience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.