The Vice President, Data Engineering Services (DES) within the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) group is responsible for the leadership and architecture of our Data and Analytics platform ecosystem.
As a senior leader in Technology this position will work extensively with HBO executive management, business unit representatives, data stewards, and technology stakeholders to define, implement and sustain our Data & Analytics platform (DAP) & Business Intelligence (BI) solutions which support all of HBO’s platforms and business areas.
This position is responsible for defining and implementing data integration architecture, enterprise reference data, and data quality solutions across HBO and includes the assessment of new and existing platform architecture frameworks, software & hardware technologies, as well as the evaluation and selection on premise and cloud technologies.
The VP, Data Engineering Services will lead a team of engineering managers, software engineers and consultants (on and offshore) assigned to software development and technical architecture teams that support enterprise wide applications and tools to drive the down stream media supply chain systems as well as the data and analytics solutions used to market, measure and retain HBO subscribers. Transforming the technical management of data to drive the growth and evolve the customer experience is a primary goal of this position.
We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual who is excited about delivering data driven capabilities to meet HBO’s growing insights, analytics and intelligence capabilities leveraging the best in class industry proven solutions. This individual must have a track record of working in a highly collaborative environment and should take pride in evolving the entire organization to create the future data technology platform for HBO’s growth. This position will be based in New York City and report to the Senior Vice President Media Technology & Information Services.
- Lead strategy, architecture and the development of data and analytics solutions.
- Collaborate with peers in Research, Marketing, Distribution, Finance, and Technology to prioritize, plan and release capabilities within the Data and Analytics platform ecosystem.
- Develop, mentor and manage a team of technical leaders, engineers and architects.
- Manage departmental and project budgets.
- Identify structural and process improvement opportunities, overseeing the development and implementation of best practices for modern development principles and methodologies.
- Lead a team that supports the data platform, applications and workflows 24x7.
- Ability to lead teams using different delivery and execution models and sheperd agile practices and processes.
- Develop and implement organizational goals and compliance requirements.
- Innovate with and expand the organization's insight, intelligence and analytics offerings, emerging approaches, skills and technologies.
- Research and develop new data solutions and tools sets.
- The ideal candidate will have a B.S. degree in Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
- 12-15 year’s experience in a software development role in Big data, data warehousing, data science, insight, intelligence and analytics solutions including 7+ years in a technology leadership position, in the media industry is preferred.
- Preferred candidates have an established track record of defining solutions and leading the implementation of large-scale high quality enterprise solutions.
- Possess strong knowledge of domain driven design and design patterns.
- Proven ability to assess an existing business process and implement a next generation solution using a services-based approach.
- Experience leading an agile team or leading an agile transformation is desired.
- Proven track record of developing and evolving data and analytics capabilities in the cloud (preferably using AWS).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leadership and colleagues to support business results and to identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent customer focus and awareness of the importance of the customer in a service organization.
- Proven problem solving skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
- Must have a high level of energy and commitment and ability to attract and develop software engineering talent.