| || This is our story|
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you plan, and what will you be doing?
The Production Assistant for CNN Tonight works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere. The Production Assistant cuts soundbites and VOs, helps producers gather elements for in-house packages, and orders and creates graphics. Each PA is responsible for calling elements in the control room, running prompter and for pitching both package and guest ideas. They help producers with research for guest segments, and must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly. The Production Assistant must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines. The PA will also work closely in the control room with the direction of writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases. They must be able to regularly work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- One year experience in the news business with some control room experience as well as work in video and graphics
- Television/Broadcasting background is preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Able to juggle many tasks at once
- Experience in editing a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.