| || This is our story|
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The Associate Producer (AP) is responsible for general newsgathering and pitching enterprise story ideas. The AP helps develop pitches for both text and video stories and works alongside correspondents, producers and managers to create multi-platform content.
What will you be doing?
Responsibilities include supporting producers and correspondents in all aspects of story research, newsgathering, shooting, editing and execution across tv and digital. The position requires identifying, researching and locating individuals who can be the central character for stories, conducting pre-interviews as well as interviews. They will also be procuring video clips internally and externally through social media working within existing standards and framework is also necessary. In pursuing breaking news stories, the AP confirms facts and gathers appropriate pictures, documents and research for production elements. The AP assists with logistics for field assignments and will be called on to produce reporter live shots, attend court hearings and news conferences. Real-time dissemination of news developments is critical.
What do we need from you?
- Minimum of 3 years of journalism experience
- TV and digital video production experience
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Strong on-line research and video editing skills
- Strong knowledge of digital newsgathering and social media
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- The candidate must be flexible with scheduling
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.