| || The Turner Story |
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We create premium content and deliver exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content. From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Implementation Analyst is responsible for shepherding and delivering business solutions, projects and strategic initiatives for the Data Platforms and Consumer Analytics team. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to sprint planning, project scope, issue management, customer relationships, and leading the project team. The role should establish and maintain good project management practices to ensure deliverables are high quality, on-time, within budget, and meet stakeholder and sponsor business needs. Resolving a wide range of issues in creative and innovative ways is a must.
What will you be doing?
- Guides multi-disciplinary technology and operational teams and tracks project resources, staff, assets and schedules to ensure the achievement of project objectives and timely project outcomes.
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned implementation activities. Effectively manages risks throughout the project and implementation lifecycle and resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Concept Definition
- Identify and document scope, develop draft project plans, define deliverables, constraints and evaluate project costs.
- Develop detailed implementation and project plans, including risk, configuration and quality plans. Establish project team roles and communications and reporting mechanisms.
- Execution and Reporting
- Perform project score and change management and provide focal point for problem resolution. Prepare periodic status reports to include schedule, technical progress, resource consumption, issue identification and related action plans to correct deficiencies.
- Coordinate stakeholder and sponsorship acceptance, closeout action items, document and review lessons learned
- Work with Brand Engagement Consults and customer management to facilitate communication between IT and business units, including open issues, project prioritization, resolutions, project requests, and resource allocation.
- Facilitate cooperation and rationalization of unclear or conflicting goals, assist in identifying and communicating viable alternatives, and assist in the implementation of decisions.
- Identify internal data team members and customer training requirements, participants, and desired time frames, and implement training delivery and documentation.
- Process Development/Optimization
- Identify and promote innovative business process optimization opportunities, propose solutions, and execute on them to drive continuous improvement
- Communicate regularly with sites/resources throughout the project lifecycle, escalating important issues where needed
- Fully understand customer requests, document them, and assign appropriate resources
- Sets and defends clear project roles and responsibility boundaries
- Manages those through influence rather than direct managerial responsibility
- Open to process improvement suggestions and may experiment with taking on incremental improvements
- Ability to manage time effectively in a fast paced environment, with limited supervision
- Energetic, shows passion and is vested into the project
- Ability to "think out of the box" and develop creative solutions
- Establish and coordinate the plan for migration of the sprint releases to production.
- Communicate with other groups (i.e. Brand Consultants, Decision Scientists, QA, DBAs, and Infrastructure) as needed to insure successful implementation.
- Lead the negotiation of expectations related to the project with customers and manage those expectations throughout the project.
- Use effective meeting management skills to initiate and conduct daily stand-up meetings, project kick-off meetings, customer status meetings, and supervisor status meetings.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Visio required.
What do we require from you?
- 5 to 7 years project/program leadership/management experience with demonstrated success in delivering quality projects on time and at or under budget
- Demonstrated success as a leader/mentor to teams and other project managers
- Full software development life cycle experience and demonstrated success in developing and implementing contingency plans to ensure the success of projects
- Use of collaboration, project management and business tools, i.e., MS Project, JIRA, or similar
- Business operations experience working across business administrative functions, i.e., Legal, Finance, Human Resources, etc.
- Business and project financial management experience with a strong focus on resource forecasting, budgeting, and reporting
- Knowledge of structured system development and Project Management methodologies (Agile Preferred) is a requirement.
- SDLC knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated basic understanding of operating systems, hardware/software, networks, databases, and related information technology
- Experience developing project plans that include multiple inter-dependencies among diverse projects and multiple customers
- Experience developing a Statement of Work that identifies scope, requirements and deliverables
- Working knowledge of change management technologies and scope control methods
- Knowledge of performance measures; Experience with operational transitions and project closeout
- Business process improvement or consulting experience preferred
- Experience managing media or digital product development which could be comprised of, but not limited to Content Management Systems (CMS), Video CMSs, analytics, Mobile platforms (iOS and Android), Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and other traffic acquisition models, Ad Serving Technology, Video streaming as well as broadcast technology preferred
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience or equivalent education/training/experience
- Hands-on MS Office and MS Project2000 experience. Project Management Training/PMP Certification with the Project Management Institute is a plus.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.