| || This is our story|
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The CNN en Español Bureau Manager for the DC bureau will work with CNNE leadership in managing all aspects of running the DC Bureau/Region. Responsible for day of editorial, logistics and operational issues for the DC Region and contact with the CNNE Newsdesk
What will you be doing?
- The CNN en Español Bureau Manager will work with main DC Anchor on daily story development, futures, scripts and production issues to enhance pieces.
- S/he will manage all newsroom/editorial issues and work with digital leads to enhance packages and act s as the "hands-on" coordinator of the newsgathering process during the day, implementing the directions/vision of CNNE Editorial Mgmt.
- The Bureau Manager will lead the editorial process for DC stories, in collaboration with main DC anchor and CNNE editorial management and work with the VP Newsgathering, Editorial Director, and Director of Coverage to oversee that the shows are including daily news needs into the DC show(s).
- S/he will execute on editorial decisions and communicate with the other directors as important coverages develop, work with the key newsroom directors (Content Development, Editorial, and Coverage) to ensure that all elements and aspects of the DC shows are living up to the highest standards of veracity of content, journalistic integrity, style and imagery.
- The Bureau Manager will be a key person to support the control room during key coverages or show productions requiring additional editorial and production support, including creation of rundowns, editorial decision-making, live collaboration and liaison with ATL Newsroom leads, and their corresponding Sr team leaders (Sr NDJs, Sr Editorial Producer, Sr Producers, etc).
- S/he is responsible for overseeing studio requests, reporter live shots, newsdesk, cost allocations and budgets for regional assignments and is responsible for coordinating, developing, and implementing plan for breaking news and special event coverage for DC region.
- The Bureau Manager will communicate all coverage plans and story development throughout the day to DOC and CNNE editorial management, be point person for representing the DC region and coverage in CNNE editorial and planning meetings and communicate with other departments and CNNE bureaus.
- S/he manages the schedule for reporters, producers, work with DOC and assignment desk, editors and camera crews as well as handles employee related issues and conducts performance reviews.
What do we need from you?
- 7-10 year's editorial experience.
- 5 -7 years of news management experience preferred.
- Exemplary new judgment with the ability to collaborate with reporters and producers to produce compelling, character driven stories.
- Working knowledge of digital platforms, news/field production, studio operations, editing, satellite news gathering.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills critical to scheduling crews and ensuring plans are clearly communicated to staff.
- Possess strategic thinking/decision making and technical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
- Proven experience hiring, managing and providing guidance to teams.
- The ideal candidate will motivate and inspire staff to excel and work constructively with colleagues across CNN as well as act as a liaison to all support groups.
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent work experience.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS