| || This is our story|
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
- Oversee and manage broad responsibilities on the show team including: editing & production.
- Planning all aspects of a program's visual and editorial presentation. Organizing and preparing content so that high pressure deadlines are met.
- Oversee staff to ensure high level of editorial and production consistency.
- Create opportunities for the development and growth of staff members in a creative, collaborative environment.
- Must have strong team building skills and work well with fellow producers and crew.
- Story research, development, & pitching - Develop and enterprise story pitches related to news topics of the day and relevant current issues. Read and monitor multiple and diverse sources of information and exchange ideas with previous contacts for possible follow up stories.
- Collaborate with host and correspondents on direction and production of stories.
- Breaking News - Accurate, rapid establishment of facts on a story that is developing. Reporting, coordination with others in network who are working on story, acquisition of live sources, communication with newsgathering desks regionally and nationally, access to developed network of previously established sources, quick response to booking guests and moving resources to cover overnight breaking stories.
What do we need from you?
- The successful candidate for this position will have 10-15 years experience in television news, with at least five years as a show producer at a cable or broadcast network.
- Strong feature and segment production, strong writing skills, extensive control room experience and a thorough understanding of news production.
- Must be a creative thinker who can generate numerous stories under intense deadline pressure and changing circumstances.
- This producer must be familiar with all aspects of television production including graphics, editing, digital news gathering and live remote broadcasting and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.