| || SUMMARY OF POSITION:|
Turbine, Inc. seeks an experienced Mobile Software Engineer to join the engineering team at our studio in Needham, MA.
In this position, you will have a hands-on role in defining and implementing key game systems and features, as well as integrating existing libraries or services to our Unity based game platform.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help capture, develop and communicate a coherent vision of our game systems, features and tools. We are looking for candidates with a passion for mobile games and game development.
Founded in 1994, Turbine, Inc., a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio, is focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its mobile titles, which include Batman™: Arkham Underworld and the recently released Game of Thrones® mobile game.
- Design, implement and maintain game systems and features.
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts.
- Help set performance targets and optimize performance for mobile devices.
- Assess and integrate middleware and 3rd party mobile technology solutions.
- Review the work of other mobile engineers to ensure adherence to coding and quality standards.
- 2+ years of game industry experience.
- Experience working with Unity3D, preferably for mobile game development.
- Experience developing and shipping apps on iOS and Android.
- Competent C# programming skills and a practical knowledge of common data structures and software design practices.
- Able to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment and communicate with team members of all disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Languages: C#, Objective C, GLSL.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- OS: Linux, OSX, iOS, Android.
- Tools: Perforce, Git, Unity3D, AWS.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.