| || This is our story|
Live from Atlanta, Los Angeles and New York it’s HLN. An integral part of CNN Worldwide, the network features live coverage of national, regional, lifestyle, and entertainment news in a fast-paced approachable tone powered by a lineup of popular seasoned female journalists. HLN is best known for news by day and mystery by night, featuring stories that make us think more, feel more, want more, we are HLN.
See what it’s like to work at HLN & CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The Producer for Morning Express is responsible for editorial content of assigned shows or segments.
What will you be doing?
The Producer works with the Executive Producer and other team members to decide story selection, placement, length, editorial treatment and overall presentation of shows and segments S/he is the editorial point person in the control room during live shows/segments. The Producer may also assign and manage writers and copy editors on their team. S/he works directly with anchor(s) regarding show/segment content
The ideal candidate will possess top notch writing skills and have proven experience segment/PKG producing on deadline in a fast-paced environment.
What do we need from you?
- 3+ years’ experience as a show producer at a local station or network or 2+ years’ experience as a writer/producer at CNN or HLN.
- Live breaking news and control room experience required.
- Must be able to enterprise segment ideas and execute to air.
- Line producing background preferred.
- Strong writing skills and editorial judgment a must.
- Field producing, post production package producing and ability to copy edit scripts for air preferred.
- Experience booking guests for air a plus.
- Positive attitude and ability to grasp specific show and network editorial missions essential.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
**Must be willing to work overnights and early morning hours**
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users..