| || SUMMARY OF POSITION:|
Turbine Inc. seeks a Senior Software Engineer, Release Engineering & Tools for the Turbine MOB Engineering department. Turbine is looking for a senior level engineer to work closely with several franchise teams to develop and maintain the release engineering infrastructure. As a senior member of the game platform technology team, this engineer will act as an expert in the features and limitations of the release engineering pipeline and will recommend appropriate paths for the implementation of the franchise needs. Qualified candidates will be equally capable of implementing new low-level pipelines, diagnose and report build failures, and extend the self-service nature of the system.
As a member of the tools team supporting franchise content development, this engineer may be asked to help develop and maintain content tooling built inside the Unity Editor. This includes the asset bundle pipeline, startup and validation flow, franchise specific editors and functionality, and general user support.
Founded in 1994, Turbine, Inc., a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio, is focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its mobile titles, which include Batman™: Arkham Underworld and the recently released Game of Thrones® mobile game.
- Develop, maintain, and document the build system used to produce and track all builds.
- Design, implement and maintain client systems, tools and pipelines to support development on iOS and Android platforms.
- Assist in diagnosing build failures and escalating to the appropriate team to resolve.
- Enhance the speed of the build processes and streamline processes.
- Provide reports to Project and Senior Management about build status.
- Work with Project Management to design and document processes for managing product releases.
- Have expert knowledge in release engineering best practices and evangelize them through the company.
- Work closely with the franchise teams to automate deployments using open source as well as in house tooling.
- Ability to mentor team members.
- Have a passion to create, document, and present to other members of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in one or more languages such as: C/C++/C#¸Perl, Python, Java, Bash, PowerShell.
- Experience building and publishing mobile apps on iOS and Android platforms.
- 3+ years’ experience with source control processes.
- 3-8 years’ experience as a Release Engineer.
- Experience with Jenkins, Rational BuildForge, Quickbuild/LuntBuild or similar technology.
- Knowledge and experience with continuous integration and deployment methodologies.
- Perforce and Enterprise GitHub.
- Win32 and MFC tools creation.
- Tool development experience is a strong plus.
- Prior experience in Agile/SCRUM is a strong plus.
- Prior experience with Golang is a strong plus.
- Languages: C#, Objective C, Java, Go, GLSL.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- OS: Linux, OSX, iOS, Android.
- Tools: Perforce, Git, Unity3D, AWS.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.