HBO's Digital Products division is responsible for the entire technology stack that enables our customers to access HBO's programming wherever they are - on whatever device is at hand. Are you
HBO is a progressive company with great benefits, a lean management structure, and growth opportunities for talented individuals. Come help us make HBO the best online experience in the world.
As a Site Reliability Director at HBO you will be leading the teams which are working to improve the reliability and performance of HBO’s premiere digital services including HBO GO and HBO NOW, HBO.com and exciting sites like hooli.xyz, GameOfThrones.com and DiscoverWestworld.com.
You will be helping to define and drive strategic opportunities and technical direction for the team, working with your peers across Engineering, Product and Program Management to drive change to ultimately improve our products.
- Work closely with other leaders across Engineering and Product in the technical definition and design of software and services underpinning our deployment, monitoring and telemetry and production infrastructure. You must have the ability to actively participate in infrastructure design and implementation discussions.
- Develop goals, strategies, and initiatives for the Reliability Engineering Team in alignment with Product Management and Software Engineering
- Define service goals, objectives and metrics to ensure alignment around engineering efforts
- Collaborate effectively with Product and our other engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively represent your team, present to partners across the business and across engineering
- 10+ years of hands-on DevOps or Reliability Engineering experience with highly-available, web applications or services
- 5+ years of leading, building and growing a team of DevOps or Site Reliability Engineers ideally working with large, distributed Internet-facing systems
- Deep experience with Linux based operating systems
- Desired experience with high-volume internet-facing services
- Adaptable and able to focus on the simplest, most efficient & reliable solutions
- Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
- Practical knowledge of various aspects of service design, including messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies and software design practices