| || SUMMARY OF POSITION:|
NetherRealm Studios seeks a Senior Software Engineer to implement cutting-edge tools and engine features that help ensure that the Mortal Kombat and Injustice franchises are industry leaders.
As a member of our studio's KoreTech team you will be expected to take on difficult problems, and in collaboration with you colleagues, plan and implement innovative solutions. Working on console platforms and also in our editing tools will require developing for fast user iteration cycles and an awareness of 60hz performance constraints.
A great work ethic, excellent core engineering skills, and the ability to forward think problems are all critical. In addition, experience in memory management and parallelism will be a huge asset.
- Modify and extend core engine systems with a focus on future technology.
- Work with artists, designers and gameplay engineers to implement editor functionality and improve overall workflow for the team.
- Optimize critical code paths in the engine and tools.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience developing in C++ and at least one shipped AAA title.
- Experience working on the Xbox One and PS4 platforms strongly desired.
- Unreal engine experience a plus.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- The ability to write efficient and optimized code.
- Experience in one or more of animation, physics, rendering, tools architecture or other game-centric disciplines.
- Experience writing multithreaded code (preferred).
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable and cutting-edge technology.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
- A passion for gaming, and a desire to push the boundaries of what is considered possible.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.