| || SUMMARY OF POSITION:|
Turbine, Inc., seeks an HR Coordinator for the Turbine HR department. The HR Coordinator responsible for supporting the day to day HR needs of regular full-time employees, temps and contractors over 3 locations (Needham, MA; Troy, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT).
- Serves as the main point of contact for most employee inquires. Responds to employee questions regarding company policies and procedures, compliance documentation, benefits, PTO, payroll, etc. Researches and resolves payroll and position discrepancies. Advises employees on how to navigate company processes to accomplish tasks. Looks into special requests and works with division partners in other functions (e.g. IT, Finance, etc.) to drive resolution. Serves as in-take for lower-level ER issues and concerns.
- Independently handles all administrative functions for position management, hires, promotions, transfers, terminations. Ensures data integrity of Workday and proprietary payroll systems. Audits reports and ensures organizational and position changes are accurately reflected in the appropriate systems. Works with Compensation and GBSI to ensure information is updated as necessary.
- Processes new hire documents and hires/terminations/transfers/promotions/salary changes, etc. in Workday. Moves employees to overlap positions. Handles the administration of terminations and coordinates final pay documents. Prepares check requests and ensures accuracy of checks. Communicates all new-hires, promotions, transfers, terminations, etc to Finance, IT, etc.
- Manages the Performance Review (CHAT) processes. Tracks compliance with the process and follows up with Management on delinquent appraisals. Reviews appraisal forms and provides edits, direction and feedback regarding how to appropriately convey sensitive issues and how to address deficiencies. Keeps HR Director abreast of issues handled and escalates issues where appropriate. Coordinates the Total Rewards Planning (TRP) process by monitoring completion of compensation planning phases, following-up with planners to ensure compliance to deadlines, and creating special reports and analysis for supervisors and executive management.
- Conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Manage communication with temp agencies regarding temp hire process and any associated issues. Maintains personnel database of all temp information and supporting data.
- Performs exit interviews with regular employees below the Director level. Gathers insights and suggestions from exiting employees and shares information with Director to enable continuous improvement and impact reasons for negative turnover.
- Creates, updates and maintains organizational charts and roster queries/summaries. Publishes on a regular basis.
- Performs special projects as needed, such as:
- Ad hoc management reporting and analysis (i.e. payroll budgeting/forecasting and headcount reconciliation reports, special headcount and staffing reports, employee surveys, etc).
- Reorganization analysis (i.e. specialized org charts, headcount/payroll spreadsheets, severance estimates).
- Temp, freelance staff, production employees and contractor reporting.
- Corporate-driven requests for information and projects (i.e. real estate space planning projects, organizational projects).
- Assists with bringing on special training vendors for specific division/department development needs and manage registration process for off-site programs.
- Assists HR director and recruiter with administration of the college intern program and scheduling of candidate interviews, as needed.
- Be contact person to temp agencies regarding temp hire process and any associated issues.
- Facilitates employee communication programs (e.g. company meetings, new-hire meet & greets, morale events, etc.) and division-specific employee communications (e.g. broadcast emails, Turbine intranet, etc.).
- Provides the Director with administrative support.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- 1-2+ years’ experience in Human Resources roles preferred.
- Advanced Excel knowledge and proficiency with other MS Office applications, including Word and Outlook calendar.
- Experience with personnel and payroll data systems (e.g. Workday) preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong diplomacy and adaptability attributes to deal effectively with senior executives.
- Must possess strong logic and reasoning skills.
- Must have the ability to plan for, track, prioritize and execute multiple recurring and ad hoc tasks.
- Strong analytical skills with extreme attention to detail.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must have the ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must have the ability to take own initiative and work independently.