| || SUMMARY OF POSITION|
Turbine, Inc. seeks a Senior Artist, Concept for the Turbine MOB Art department. Turbine, Inc., a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Concept Artist to help create and express high quality concepts and gameplay visuals for new products with iconic Warner Bros. intellectual properties. The concept artist will collaborate closely with creative teams in Production, Marketing, Content and Design to conceptualize, design, and deliver AAA game character and environmental concepts.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online® and Asheron's Call® as well as mobile title Batman Arkham Underworld® and the upcoming Game of Thrones® mobile game.
- Create detailed illustrative renditions of well-known TV/film characters.
- Create high level concept which helps determine the mood and style of the game as a whole.
- Concept an array of environmental assets, structures, and characters designed to read well on mobile devices.
- Collaborate with team members to create concepts which meet aesthetic, gameplay and technical goals for the resulting in-game assets.
- Create presentation and marketing materials.
- Provide quick, thumbnail concept for exploration as needed.
- Estimate, monitor and update task status.
- Work collaboratively under the guidance and direction of an art lead/director.
- Mentor associate concept artists.
- Exceptional eye for value, color, shape, composition, and detail.
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as the rendering of clothing.
- Understanding of basic architectural elements and their design.
- Flexibility in execution; ability to explore various illustrative styles.
- Passion for games, including mobile, and a desire to make an impact on a growing industry.
- Creativity, self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development.
- Extensive working knowledge of Photoshop or comparable.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver work in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- AA/BFA preferred, or portfolio that demonstrates industry standard skill.
- Experience in creating concepts in the entertainment industry.
- Exceptional ability in digital medium, including, drawing, painting, Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.