| || SUMMARY OF POSITION|
Turbine, Inc., a division of Warner Bros. Games, Inc. is seeking a hands-on Information Technology Studio Services Manager. The IT Services Manager will be an integral member of the WB Games IT Leadership staff and will help design, socialize and implement overall IT strategy, vision and goals for the Turbine studio. The Manager will oversee and participate in day-to-day IT infrastructure, game technologies, applications and desktop support operations and will closely collaborate with business process owners to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions.
We are specifically looking for self-motivated candidates comfortable with taking ownership and providing leadership.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online®, Asheron's Call®, Batman Arkham Underworld® and our upcoming Game of Thrones® mobile title.
- Manage IT frontline services, applications, infrastructure and cloud services to support studio initiatives.
- Provide hands-on technical skills (servers, network, storage, database, virtualization, cloud computing, firewall, security etc.)
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for enabling efficient and cost-effective technologies to provide a customer centric set of services.
- Establish and promote the implementation of overall IT department vision, mission and goals.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Supervise and mentor personnel, conducting annual reviews, weekly face-to-face meetings, and other activities designed to ensure a smooth work flow.
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to maintain a reliable and productive work environment for studio personnel.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with peers to stay abreast of industry trends.
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Minimum 5 years relevant IT experience, including at least 3 years in a management position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates’ degree with equivalent work experience required.
- Understanding of the game industry technology processes a plus.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, sometimes geographically disparate collaborative environment.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- ITIL (or similar) implementation and/or ITIL process improvement hands-on experience.
- Solid understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Extensive management and leadership experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Good understanding of contemporary IT concepts such as Cloud Computing and Business Process Automation.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.