Senior Android Engineer
Turbine, Inc. seeks an experienced Senior Android Engineer to join our mobile engineering team at our studio in Needham, MA.
In this position, you will have a hands on role in defining and implementing key game systems and features, as well as integrating existing libraries or services to our Unity based game platform. You will focus on client side technologies, porting to iOS/Android, and optimizing performance for mobile devices.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help capture, develop and communicate a coherent vision of our game systems, features and tools. We are looking for candidates with a passion for games and game development.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of connected entertainment experiences. Founded in 1994 and wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc. Turbine has developed hit games based on some of the world’s most popular and iconic properties including The Lord of the Rings, Dungeons & Dragons and DC Comics. Turbine is currently in development on several new titles for the mobile platform, the first of which is Batman: Arkham Underworld, a new super-villain based combat strategy game.
- Design, implement and maintain game systems, tools and pipelines with a focus on the Android platform
- Help set performance targets and optimize performance for mobile devices
- Assess and integrate middleware and 3rd party mobile technology solutions
- Mentor less experienced engineers and provide guidance on Unity best practices
- Review the work of other mobile engineers to ensure adherence to coding and quality standards
- Experience developing and shipping apps on Android, with a good understanding of the native layer and Google Play services
- In depth knowledge of Unity3D, preferably for mobile game development
- Experience optimizing performance for mobile devices
- Strong C# programming skills and a practical knowledge of common data structures and software design practices
- Able to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment and communicate with team members of all disciplines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Languages: C#, Objective C, GLSL
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- OS: Linux, OSX, iOS, Android
- Tools: Perforce, Git, Unity3D, AWS
**This is an onsite position that requires living in Massachusetts (must be willing to relocate)**
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.