SUMMARY OF POSITION
Turbine, Inc. seeks an experienced Senior Engineer to join the Mobile Game Platform team at our development studio in Needham, MA. The Mobile Game Platform team develops shared client, server and tools technology that is used across all mobile games developed at Turbine.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
In this position, you will have a hands on role in defining and implementing core systems and features, expanding and improving our Unity based platform, and assist with integrating existing libraries and services. You will focus on client side technologies, multi-platform support and performance optimization.
This position requires close collaboration with developers from other teams to help capture, develop and communicate a coherent vision of our game systems, features and tools.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of connected entertainment experiences. Founded in 1994 and wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc. Turbine has developed hit games based on some of the world’s most popular and iconic properties including The Lord of the Rings, Dungeons & Dragons and DC Comics. Turbine is currently in development on several new titles for the mobile platform, the first of which is Batman: Arkham Underworld, a new super-villain based combat strategy game.
- Design, implement and maintain client systems, tools and pipelines to support development on iOS and Android platforms.
- Help set performance targets and optimize performance for mobile devices.
- Assess and integrate middleware and 3rd party mobile technology solutions.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and provide guidance on Unity best practices.
- Review the work of other mobile engineers to ensure adherence to coding and quality standards.
- Excellent programming skills in C#.
- In depth knowledge of Unity3D, preferably for mobile game development.
- Experience developing and shipping apps on iOS and Android.
- Comfortable working on asset pipeline architectures and game engines.
- Strong practical knowledge of common data structures and software design practices.
- Able to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment and communicate with team members of all disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Languages: C#, Objective C, GLSL.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- OS: Linux, OSX, iOS, Android.
- Tools: Perforce, Git, Unity3D, AWS.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.