| || Designer, Systems |
| || Warner Bros. Entertainment Group |
| || NetherRealm |
| || Games – Development & Publishing |
| || Videogame Development/Publishing |
| || United States - Illinois - Chicago |
| || 160251BR |
| || Full Time |
| || Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team. |
| || The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room! |
| || What part will you play?|
NetherRealm Studios seeks a Systems Designer to be responsible for significant contributions to game design, with a focus on a Large Economy and Reward Systems. Work with the Lead Designer and fellow Designers to design, implement and maintain several Economy Systems, Meta Design Goals and content design for various game modes. Responsible for game wide implementation of complex systems, including logic, data analysis, play test and balance. Collaborate with programmers to ensure effective integration of game design, art, animation, and technology. Troubleshoot design elements; implement bug fixes and iterations based on need. Implement design revisions throughout the development process to ensure design integrity. Work with the testing department throughout the project to ensure the game plays and performs as intended. Focus on system clarity, usability and difficulty balancing and maintenance of player challenges.
- Work with Lead Designer to design and implement large economy system as well as meta and reward systems within various modes. Work with cross discipline groups to implement and polish systems.
- Helps create and maintain living design documentation that keeps pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Art, and Programming.
- Gather feedback from team and focus test groups then implement adjustments and new ideas.
- Work closely with UX to expose player to needs of the above systems
What do we require from you?
- Associate degree or equivalent job experience preferred.
- 3-6+ years of game design experience required.
- Shipped at least 1 console/PC title in some capacity.
- An understanding of gameplay flow and systems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Professional experience working with game systems on a large-scale project.
- Effectively work under the pressure of competing demands and short time lines.
- Familiarity with a variety of editors and scripting languages required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of game design principles, the computer gaming industry and its products.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with programmers, artists, and other designers.
- Must be able to meet schedules on time in a professional environment.
- Engineering, Game systems and AI programming skills a definite plus.
- Willing to commit to the team in terms of time & effort given.
| || The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law. |