| || Designer |
| || Warner Bros. Entertainment Group |
| || NetherRealm |
| || Games – Development & Publishing |
| || Videogame Development/Publishing |
| || United States - Illinois - Chicago |
| || 160252BR |
| || Full Time |
| || Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team. |
| || The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room! |
| || What part will you play?|
NetherRealm Studios in Chicago is seeking a Designer who will be responsible for designing and implementing the game experience.
The Designer is responsible for implementing navigation and combat mechanics, tuning gameplay, and generating AI behaviors.
The position works closely with the Lead Game Designer to ensure that the overall vision is being properly communicated and executed within game.
Within the studio, the Designer collaborates on design goals with the Lead Designer and the Creative Director. This includes generating game proposals, identifying challenges, and developing strategic responses to market needs.
- Establishes design schedules and creates working design documents.
- Designs and scripts game experiences
- Define and script enemy AI using in-house editor
- Creates AI behavior specs.
- Play and evaluate combat constantly, iterating and re-doing work to reach a high degree of polish.
- Analyze and incorporates user feedback from consumer usability tests.
- Works with personnel on R&D efforts for new game systems and creates playable prototypes as required.
- Identifies and establishes required high impact experiences to ensure timely delivery of promotional material.
- Participates in regular, hands‑on interaction with Team members to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned games meet design requirements.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all team members and be able to work out solutions to problems in an effective, respectful manner.
- Coordinates and liaises with all necessary departments and divisions to facilitate execution of projects and materials in a professional and client-centric manner. This includes keeping Producer and other Leads apprised of games status.
- Develops strong relationships to establish and maintain a reliable and timely flow of information and materials to all parties as necessary.
What do we require from you?
- B.A. degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- 2 – 5 of years game design experience required.
- Shipped at least one title. Combat heavy games preferred
- Passion for action and fighting games with a focus on combat mechanics.
- Direct experience in implementing navigation and/or combat mechanics (with a preference on melee based combat) in at least 1 shipped title.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Strong interest in computer and video games.
- Programming or scripting experience prefered
- Unreal 3 experience preferred.
| || The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law. |