| || The Turner Story|
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
What does our department do?
The TNT + TBS Marketing department is responsible for the management, supervision and production of advertising and media campaigns that deliver tune-in/ratings and establishes TNT and TBS as preeminent television brands. This department is tasked to take a lead role in seeking new audiences and promotional outlets; establish innovative digital initiatives for each marketing campaign, an increasingly important segment of the marketing mix; and ensuring messaging and promotion cut through a very cluttered universe. Ultimately, success for the TNT + TBS Marketing team is creating and implementing consistently innovative and superior marketing campaigns that support network brands and/or specific programming initiatives.
What will you be doing?
The TNT + TBS Marketing internship is a holistic experience in creating high-level entertainment industry marketing campaigns. In addition to working with the marketing department team, the intern will have the chance to work with our Social Media, On-Air, and Brand Creative teams.
Learning Objectives include:
- Gain exposure to marketing execution
- spearheading different tactics of the campaign
- premiums exploration, creative elements, tracking results to name a few
- Aid in presentation preparation- assisting with the creation/design of presentation decks and collating all info.
- Create social media copy for all the platforms, writing episode recaps, copy lines
- Assist in preparation for meetings and presentations- making copies for meetings, printing out status reports, taking meeting notes for distribution
- Network and talk to the different departments to better understand the business as a whole.
What do we require from you?
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels internally/externally by phone, email, or face to face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- A positive attitude with good organizational skills
- An interest in the learning more about the entertainment industry
- Please note: the TBS + TNT Marketing Department is currently seeking four interns with specific interests in Comedy, Drama, Social Media, or Pop Culture. You cover letter should reflect your specific interest.
What’s so great about this internship?
Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th. Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Qualifications: . Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.