| || Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you have experience in ad sales? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting an Ad Sales Manager to join the Ad Sales team in Dubai.|
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 68 channels in 23 languages to 124 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
Your role is to support the Sponsorships and Promotions (S&P) Manager in deal-making and directly manage some sales negotiations in Middle East and North Africa across all Turner Network (Kids and General Entertainment). Your current portfolio will include 6 TV channels and 3 websites but may be expanded in line with the business growth.
Your tasks will include responding to incoming sales enquiries, writing offers, meeting customers and negotiating deals but also to manage the end to end process of smaller deal-making.
In addition to your direct negotiations you will need to work closely with the ad sales rep for the region in facilitating their agency relationships and working closely to secure incremental business on an agency front.
Finally, you will need to be actively pitching to an agreed upon number of monthly clients with the S&P Manager against an established success rate.
In summary, the key for the role is to proactively develop new incremental sales and business opportunities in order to support the Manager to reach the region’s annual targets.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
Knowledge and experience required
- Develop short and medium term sales strategy for incremental sales.
- Support the Manager in ensuring focus on continued and sustainable growth by market and to achieve agreed revenue and sales targets.
- Proactively pitching to a wide range of new clients, manage the negotiation of deals, ensuring timely achievement of negotiation objectives and develop strong relationships with existing and especially new customers in Saudi Arabia and North Africa (Egypt, Algeria, Morocco & Tunisia). This part represents 70% of the role.
- The role will work closely with the internal teams such as sales-operations, creative, licensing, finance, kids team and content and marketing team to manage and push through the whole process from the pre-sales pitch to contract signature and material delivery.
- The role also requires close coordination with the ad sales representatives and ensuring close follow up on forecasts and targets. This part represents 20% of the role.
- Work closely with the relevant teams to develop sales presentations and new ad sales revenue stream proposals mainly focused on digital ventures. This part represents 10% of the role.
- Ideal candidate will be commercially focused and a good communicator at all levels
- Ad sales experience preferably within a broadcast or digital environment
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Arabic or French would be a plus
- Results driven with a proven track record of negotiating deals and securing excellent commercial terms
- The candidate needs to be a motivated self-starter, with established ad sales contacts, able to ‘hit the ground running’ with our channels and websites
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Pro-active in terms of finding new business within sector.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in an international environment
Working from our Dubai office, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our audiences. On screens of every shape and size you’ll find Turner.
- Experience of selling a media (broadcast or digital preferable)
- Vast contacts base and relationships with the new and existing players both media agencies and direct kids brands
Less fear. More fun. All in.