| || |
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
What does our department do?
- The Marketing Strategy department is responsible for bringing science to the art of marketing
- Our department sets the brand strategy for the TBS and TNT networks across all platforms to create a clear brand promise for consumers in a cluttered, highly competitive media environment
- We develop target audiences for the networks and individual shows, using multiplatform data to create rich pictures of viewers
- We create the strategic roadmaps for show launch campaigns
- We optimize and iterate campaigns mid-flight with data-driven audience and creative insights
What will you be doing?
In this role you will support the team responsible for setting the brand strategy for the networks, developing data-driven target audiences and creating the strategic roadmaps for show launch campaigns
- Work with the team members to bring strategies to life through clear, compelling visual presentations
- Organize targets and campaign performance insights and help distribute the insights to key stakeholders
- Conduct competitive deep dives for both brand and show launches
- Monitor the marketplace for innovative marketing, entertainment and consumer trends
What do we need from you?
- A junior or senior currently enrolled in a four year undergraduate program and pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or recent graduate: marketing, media, advertising, business
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills, especially PowerPoint and Excel. Photoshop skills are a plus.
- A curious mind and a desire to view the world through the eyes of the viewer
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to juggle details and deadlines
- Analytical thought process with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to bring ideas to life visually, making things like data and insights digestible in dashboards and infographics
- A passion for marketing, entertainment, culture and sociological trends
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Summer 2018 program
- June 4th through August 10th.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.