| || |
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
What does our department do?
While TBS & TNT are already the #1 and #3 most popular entertainment cable networks, we are currently revolutionizing the way we position our brands and connect with our audience. We have a full slate of original shows that are fundamentally changing the way that people see our brands. This team is focused on driving strategy and innovation for tbs & TNT, helping the business transform in the rapidly evolving media, entertainment and technology industries. As thought leaders focused on developing transformational strategies and identifying growth opportunities for tbs & TNT across platforms, our team works on initiatives spanning across:
- Innovations in strategy around growth of the core business and its properties o Working on shows ranging from Conan and Sam Bee to primetime dramas and comedies
- Developing and refining the existing growth strategies and opportunities for our existing portfolio of investments and partnerships, including Refinery29, Mashable
o Working directly with C-suite leadership at these portfolio companies to drive innovation
- Actively discovering and evaluating new venture and partnership opportunities and acquisitions
o Finding the next Refinery29
o Evolving Turner's Esports strategy
- Innovations in multi-platform storytelling and audience engagement
o Leading the industry with VR, Snapchat, OTT, and "the next big thing"
- Multi-platform monetization and data strategies
o Using insights and analytics to inform business strategies and sell big ideas
What will you be doing?
Our MBA interns work alongside us to drive strategy and innovation, expand our knowledge base, and tackle challenges across media, technology and entertainment. To help us achieve these objectives, each of our MBA interns complete an in-depth research project throughout the course of their term with us in addition to supporting on live workstreams.
In past semesters, MBA interns have worked across a wide range of projects covering various topics, including:
- Assessing Landscapes for Emerging Entertainment & Media Industries (e.g. MCN's, eSports, Augmented and Virtual Reality)
- Accelerator / Incubator Models
- Brands as Media Companies / Content Creators
- Deep Dive on Millennial / Gen Z Content and Consumption Habits
- Aggregated, Multi-Platform Insights and Analytics Companies
- Upfront / Newfront Coverage and POVs
- TV Everywhere: An Analysis of the TVE Ecosystem and Consumer Experience
What do we need from you?
- Must be an MBA student with at least one year of classes completed
- Previous employment experience in one or a combination of the following industries: o Consulting, Media, Technology, Banking, or Entertainment
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills (structure, build and deliver) o Ability to turn complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand story-telling presentations
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with several deliverables under tight deadlines
- Passionate about media, tech and entertainment
- Digitally and socially savvy
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Summer 2018 program
- June 4th through August 10th.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.