| || This is our story|
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The HLN Planning Unit is responsible for forecasting content for the network, identifying editorial opportunities for show teams and guest bookings.
What will you be doing?
- Opportunity to participate in how the show ideas are developed, how videotape is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective
- Seek stories and content of interest to the HLN Audience-Assisting Editorial Producers with guest booking process
- Facilitating field shoots, including booking crews, scouting locations and securing guests
- Assisting with coverage for big events
What do we need from you?
- Candidate should be able to multi-task, have strong interpersonal skills, a background in journalism/television production, and have an ability to work in an environment that is often times fast paced.
- An ability to move quickly and operate well under a deadline is preferred.
- Students must demonstrate interest in working with news through strong awareness of news and current events.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
- Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship. In addition, students must be enrolled in school during the time of the internship or NO MORE THAN 6 months’ post-graduation.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.