| || This is our story|
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
What will you be doing?
- Editorial Operations in Atlanta is responsible for 6 hours of dayside programming from Monday-Friday and 10-12 hours of programming on Saturday and Sunday.
- 100 staffers - Executive Producers, Senior Producers, Producers, Copy Editors, Bookers, Writer/Producers, Associate Producers Become part of a show team.
What do we need from you?
- Assist with research, editing, writing, package producing, guest booking.
- Learn from seasoned producers, writers, associate producers and other staff.
- Gain insight to the workings of a newsroom and resources that provide news from around the world.
- Understand the process of generating a story idea and getting it to air.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Desire to understand the CNN story telling process.
- Willingness to take instruction and direction for daily assignments.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
- Must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.