| || Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you have experience in product management? If so, we’d love to hear from you! We are currently recruiting a Product Manager to join our team in Dubai.|
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
The Product Manager for CNN Arabic is responsible for building new and optimising existing products and experiences that exceed and anticipate the needs of consumers while contributing to the achievement of CNN’s business goals. This is a multi-disciplined, cross-functional role to collaborate with key stakeholders – editorial, sales/commercial/audience development/research – in helping lead the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery of best-in-class tools, products, platforms, and experiences across Mobile and Web platforms. Day-to-day, the product manager is responsible for synthesizing needs/data/vision into the description (requirements) and product backlog, and managing the prioritization of what gets done in what order when building and evolving our products.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
Knowledge and experience required:
- Delivering products in a successful manner, on time and on budget.
- Working with your next level manager and business stakeholders to articulate a product vision and roadmap.
- Converting product roadmap into discrete requirements that can be used in the estimation and delivery process.
- Providing on-the-ground leadership of the activities required to bring products to fruition. Chief among these activities will be the management of an agile development process.
- Leading planning, managing feature prioritisation and identify delivery dependencies.
- Communicating status, blockers, risks, mitigation strategies to your next level manager and all partner teams as needed.
- Coordinate and manage activities related to product launch.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience at a medium-to-large media company or consultancy
- Experience in creating functional product requirements with well-composed acceptance criteria and effectively managing a product backlog.
- Experience leveraging data, research and audience feedback/testing to inform decisions.
- Demonstrated success working within a highly-matrixed organization.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, integrity and collaborative approach to work
- Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into actions.
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Experience at a news provider within region
- Experience working as an agile-scrum product owner preferred
- Comfortable working in a geographically dispersed team.