TBS, Inc. is an American Media conglomerate and division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! For more information, please visit : http://www.turner.com/ What part will you play?
As a Software Application Developer, you will be a part of an exciting technology team that is a part of a cross functional group that work on the technologies which power CNN.com. This is an exciting role for someone who is passionate about technology, who can thrive in a fast-paced organization, and who has a can-do attitude. What will you be doing?
What do we require from you?
- Full stack web development: Analysis, development, testing, debugging, documenting, and peer reviews.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team: Developers, product managers, web masters, user experience designers, and project managers.
- Perform tasks in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- For each task, understand what needs to be done, why, by when and define the quality standards needed. Understand how success is measured for the work being executed. Confirm understanding with tech lead.
- Code should not have business logic bugs or performance bugs and should be written to ease maintenance.
- Seek and meet any deployment deadline (taking into account the review process, QA and any deployment blackouts).
Work with tech lead and project manager to identify tasks that need intermediate milestones and proactively give updates.
- 4 + years Web Development experience.
- 2-4 years of experience with advanced UI frameworks like React (preferred) or Angular.
- 2-4 years of experience with NodeJS.
- 2-4 years of experience with MongoDB or other non-relational databases.
- Functional experience with distributed source control 'Git', continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.