| || |
CNN Sport is looking for an ambitious, creative and experienced programme producer to lead the production of World Sport shows on CNN International. The successful candidate will be responsible for line producing 30-60 minutes of live show programming per shift. We’re also looking for someone who displays strong storytelling instincts, especially with regard to sport in a news environment.
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
Areas of responsibility:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Take the lead in structuring a ‘World Sport’ rundown, decide on story elements, coordinate live shot requests, and handle breaking news
- Work with all our anchors and correspondents and specifically our London-based talent, leading the editorial and production conversations
- Drive the editorial agenda on the European dayside, lead the daily show meeting and be responsible for creating/producing unique storytelling
- May require onsite/event show production around key events and special programming
- Ensuring all content adheres to CNN standards and integrity
- Strong news judgment and great understanding of how sport lives within a news environment
- Innovative and hungry for new ways of delivering TV sports production
- Understanding of journalistic standards and media law essential
- Experience in working in INEWS, our script based TV software
- Self-starter with a history of delivering outstanding results
- Excellent communicator
- Desire to have social media expertise – both as a source of content ideas and as an engaging media platform
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Knowledge of international news agenda
- Desire to make CNN international innovative and distinctive.
What is on offer:
- Global mindset – Experience in working within an international environment
- Field experience and an understanding of the way in which content is gathered
- Experience in digital media and an understanding of what makes ‘successful’ content across this medium
Working from our London Head office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our audiences. On screens of every shape and size you’ll find Turner.
Less fear. More fun. All in.