| || |
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The SR Network Engineer will be responsible for overall development and security of the Broadcast LAN infrastructure. Functions include planning for continued expansion and upgrades to the system, maintaining a close working relationship with key vendors and clients to ensure our business requirements can be met, and provide future direction for products. This senior position will provide mentoring to other Network Engineer positions.
What will you be doing?
- Perform preventative maintenance on infrastructure components to ensure optimal system performance
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance of system, and provide guidance and mentoring to BIT (Broadcast IT) system specialists
- As new business demands are placed on the system it will be necessary to upgrade and expand the hardware and software
- New business processes may need to be designed and implemented
- As new services come online it may be necessary to develop new ways of passing business critical data into, and out of, Broadcast LAN Infrastructure
- Organize meetings with vendors to discuss expansion requirements. Work with them to design system and then work through the quotation process with them and negotiate pricing
- Responsibility to develop upgrade plans to ensure minimal business process disruption. Explain to vendors the critical nature of the system and develop an upgrade/expansion plan accordingly
- Communicate system issues and resolution to Operations, and the Maintenance group, to ensure system continues to operate as expected and required
- Channel feedback to appropriate vendors to enhance usability and function of the system; maintain a close working relationship with each vendor including keeping track of any major problems/issues
- Develop procedures for network troubleshooting, network recovery practices, and security measures to protect against network service attacks
- Organize and facilitate upgrades that may affect other areas of the system, e.g. BIM, BIT, Automation
- Develop training material for Operations and Maintenance
- Research new technologies to assist in future infrastructure projects, as well as to improve existing network systems, and processes.
- Oversee network management, system integration, and monitoring systems
- Maintain documentation regarding system routing tables, security schemes, and user access
- Maintain/monitor network load balancing, and firewall system
- At the level it is expected that the senior engineer has a firm working knowledge of the other areas within BLAN, e.g. Automation, BIM, and BIT
- Develop training programs for network engineers
What do we require from you?
- Demonstrable experience with IT, LAN, Wan Network Infrastructure, protocol equivalent database
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Cisco equipment
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Firewall equipment
- 5 years' experience directly related to this job
- Experience in network design and engineering
- Experience in Network MAC (Moves, Adds, and Changes)
But wait, there’s more!
- Experience in managing/supervising network engineers Project Management experience desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networks, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience desired
- Security Certifications from Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco or other industry leader desired
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.