The Accountant will be responsible for the financial reporting and analysis of the Domestic Network Distribution and Global Licensing operating areas. Additionally, the Accountant will be in charge of handling daily accounting responsibilities and providing day to day support to the operating areas, Finance department and assisting with various ad hoc projects. Reports to the Manager, Financial Operations & Reporting.
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecasting and reporting, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow and related variance analysis for Domestic Network Distribution and Global Licensing.
- Provide day-to-day financial support to the operating areas, including journal entries, chart of accounts, expense tracking.
- Manage the year-end accrual process, including detailed review of accrual supporting documentation and following up accordingly.
- Actively participate in meetings with various levels within the operating groups. Ask probing and insightful questions and follow issues/projects through to final resolution/completion.
- Identify deficiencies and areas of improvement within our processes and discuss possible changes or recommendations with the Manager.
- Assist with the preparation of current year re-estimate, following year budget and Long Range Plan.
- Assist with ad hoc requests as necessary.
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and assist with audit requests for the department.
- BA/BS or MBA in accounting.
- Minimum of two years public and /or private accounting experience with strong work ethic.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Solid analytical, technical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to set and meet realistic deadlines and achieve successful results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated individual, detail-oriented with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Proficiency in Excel is a must.
- Oracle E-Business Suite experience a plus.