| || Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you have experience in broadcast journalism? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting a Producer to join the Hala Gorani Tonight team in London for a 12-month fixed-term position.|
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
The Producer on Hala Gorani Tonight is responsible for outputting the nightly show. The Producer provides editorial guidance to a team of writers based in London and Atlanta and is responsible for taking the show to air. They determine the rundown, react to late breaking news, and are in the control room as programmes go to air.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
Knowledge and experience required:
- Responsible for all aspects of the show, taking the programme to air from the control room.
- Determining which stories will be presented in a newscast and how those stories will be presented.
- In the run-up to the show, ensuring that all scripts are written, all graphics have been ordered and completed and all video material is in place and ready to air.
- Coordinating the efforts of the writers and PA's who assist in the programme production.
- Having an understanding of all of the daily stories and what treatments the stories deserve for the show. This involves spending a large part of the shift studying wires and interacting with the assignment desk, supervisors and the show team to determine just how CNNI will be covering and presenting stories each day.
- After determining which stories will appear in the programme and their treatment, the producer must a build a "rundown" to guide the programme.
- Writing some elements of the show, most often the show open, teases and set-ups for special segments; the Producer must then execute the rundown in the control room.
- Oversees the control room staff who get the show on air based on the rundown.
- Must be prepared to change the running order at a moment's notice if the news changes or in case of technical problems.
- Leading post-mortem with Copy Editors, Supervisors and the show team to discuss how the show went on air. The Producer should also feed back to guest booking team on show guests and also give ideas and some guidance on guests requested for future shows.
- Contributing to the digital strategy of the show and come up with ideas for coverage storytelling on-air and online.
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share news that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
- Thorough knowledge of international news and regional affairs
- Substantial experience in broadcast journalism
- At least two years of control room experience outputting newscasts, good knowledge of television production
- Knowledge of regional languages welcomed.
- Self-starter, with a history of delivering exceptional results
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and coaching
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Ability to make fast, tough decisions, multi-task and generate ideas
- Able to work under pressure
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Please note that this role is a 12-month fixed-term position.