The Payroll Accountant is the main liaison with ADP on payroll tax issues to ensure federal/state/local tax compliance. Leads the review and monitoring of tax payments for HBO legal entities; provides advice on payroll tax regulations, and recommends and implements new and/or updated policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance. Reviews quarterly and year-end tax returns including W-2 and 941 forms. Flexible to changing priorities, conflicting demands and frequent deadlines.
- Ensure tax compliance in a multi-state environment; validate payroll system tax updates
- Prepare state, federal and local tax payments
- Review all quarterly and year-end tax reports including Federal 940 and 941 returns
- Analyze all returns and payments for state income and unemployment tax and various local taxes. Scrutinize all year-end processing and reporting, including W-2’s and W-2c’s.
- Coordinate and assist in resolving government notices
- Process and reconcile daily stock option payrolls
- Process journal entries and liability account reconciliations
- Garnishment administration, verification of Social Security numbers and bank reconciliation research
- Liaison for Payroll audits by internal or external auditors; special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPP preferred.
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Solid technical knowledge of payroll tax law and procedures
- Proficiency in ADP SmartCompliance and Workday payroll desired
- Advanced Excel skills
- Detail oriented, organized, excellent problem solving and communication skills