| || Software Engineer, OTT |
| || Warner Bros. Entertainment Group |
| || Warner Bros. Digital Labs |
| || Film Production and Distribution |
| || Engineering |
| || United States - New York - New York |
| || 164545BR |
| || Full Time |
| || Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team. |
| || WB Digital Labs (subsidiary of Warner Bros.) is a fast-paced, innovative development division working to build the next generation of video-enabled entertainment brands. Previously known as the startup, DramaFever, we have an established history of building one of the most beloved over-the-top-streaming Korean Drama channels on the market. Now, we are looking at nothing less than to shape the future of media by combining our cutting-edge technology, design, and marketing capabilities with the world’s most beloved and iconic brands (eg. Looney Tunes & DC Comics) to build a portfolio of next-generation multi-media entertainment services and delight fans everywhere. |
| || What part will you play?|
Warner Bros. Digital Networks Labs Inc. seeks a Software Engineer, OTT for the WBDL Engineering department. We are looking for a Software Engineer who has a passion for developing feature-filled web apps that will show up on a TV screen - someone who has conquered the basics and yearns to grow into a master. We want someone who is willing to stretch beyond their limits and to share what they learn when they do so. As a member of the OTT team, you will work closely with many different teams including product, project, design, QA, frontend, backend, advertising, business, and content.
What do we require from you?
- Develop web apps that will show up on a screen through a gaming console, streaming device, or smart TV!
- Write code that will function across distinct web platforms.
- Cover your code with unit tests to ensure maintainability.
- Review code written by your teammates.
- Work with other client teams to identify platform features.
- Collaborate across a diverse group of teams to develop a high quality experience for customers streaming to their TV screens.
- 3+ years experience building web apps.
- Experience with es6 and later versions.
- Using CSS preprocessors, such as Sass or Less.
- Utilizing build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, npm, makefiles, etc).
- Writing unit and integration tests with libraries like Jasmine, Karma, Chai, Mocha, or Jest.
- Using Git or similar version control tools.
- Comfortable with unix-like command line interfaces.
- Reviewing product specs and identifying scope.
- Familiarity with CSS media queries.
- Implementing components that get reused across multiple web apps.
- Development involving video streaming.
- Displaying a web app in an Android WebView (or similar).
- Working with BrightScript and/or SceneGraph.
- Experience with web-based animation and optimization.
| || The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law. |