WHO ARE WE?
The HBO Technology team is the group responsible for delivering HBO’s award winning content to our subscribers 24/7. Our work enables Game of Thrones, Westworld, and Hollywood’s best movies to be consumed anywhere and everywhere. Within the Technology organization, the Business Systems team, as a part of the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) division, is responsible for end-to-end solution delivery, infrastructure management, and client support across applications, platforms and end-user compute environments. This includes delivering business solutions to support the Global Media Supply Chain and path to air systems; evolving the enterprise data and analytics platform in support of HBO’s direct to consumer business; providing 24x7 client support for 3,000+ users globally; and supporting more than 300 applications and a diverse set of tools and platforms across HBO.
The Manager of Enterprise Infrastructure is a critical role that will support the current state and growth of HBO’s 24x7 IT operations. This position will oversee critical technical assets across HBO, including the server, compute, network engineering, user endpoints, and cloud footprint in support of HBO’s information systems.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The Manager of Enterprise Infrastructure will execute on a diverse set of projects in support of HBO’s mission to deliver the next generation of information technology infrastructure while maintaining a complex and robust footprint of current information systems. The scope of the Manager’s role includes information systems for compute, storage, cloud-hosted systems, and end-user infrastructure across HBO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage, deliver and support infrastructure projects in support of HBO’s information systems mission for systems hosted at HBO’s data centers and on cloud infrastructure and platforms.
- Support existing Windows and Linux compute systems in place at HBO’s three primary data centers in Hauppauge, Raleigh, NC, and Las Vegas.
- Assist in designing the next generation hosting environments for both on-prem and cloud-based applications.
- Design and implement integration solutions for enterprise tools including Office365, Google Drive, SharePoint and mobile-centric solutions.
- Manage security infrastructure solutions like in partnership with the CISO’s office.
- Manage all of HBO’s infrastructure assets across complete lifecycle with an emphasis on supporting the asset database (ServiceNow CMDB).
- Partner with Infrastructure operations during systems outages and participate in subsequent follow up and problem management.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
HBO is looking for a highly skilled individual who has a proven track record of leading enterprise infrastructure projects and teams in a complex, dynamic environment with quality, accountability, and speed.
- Broad experience with designing and implementing complex infrastructure solutions in a dynamic environment with an emphasis on quality and system performance across the entire compute stack.
- Seven to nine years of experience designing, delivering and supporting public and private and public cloud solutions using internally hosted systems, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and VMWare based systems.
- Deep expertise in Windows and Linux server operating systems is required.
- Two to five years of experience designing and supporting SAN infrastructure and related software, including StorNext, SMB and CIFS shares.
- Five to eight years of experience with cloud hosting solutions, including public and private cloud (AWS preferred), VMWare and other cloud management tools.
- Detailed understanding of IP networking and telephony, including cloud PBX, remote access protocols, and next generation SDN and wireless frameworks.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) frameworks.
Additional requirements and competencies:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of relevant experience and at least five years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development with preferred experience in leading transformational initiatives.
- Very strong presentation, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills a must.
- Skilled in quickly connecting with and influencing people.
- Ability to visualize and describe complex system designs and network flows. Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them.