| || The Turner Story |
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. Turner brands and businesses include CNN, HLN, CNN International and CNN.com; TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and truTV; Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Adult Swim; and Turner Sports. http://www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
Financial Analyst position will provide real time value added support to the ad sales finance Resource Allocation & Incentivization team and operating clients. This position is responsible for partnering with Turner's Entertainment, Sports, Emerging Consumers and News Domestic Ad sales divisions. Volume and scope of the role includes significant activity in budget, forecast, LRP and client service/partner interaction to assist the RA&I team prepare incentive compensation plan, build compensation models, present pacing reports.
What will you be doing?
Key business needs: (i) high exposure group that operates within a fast paced dynamic environment (ii) direct partnership and collaboration with executive sales, HR and finance management (iii) ownership of incentive compensation planning for TIP, AE and AAE plans (iv) responsible for business modeling of all ad sales actions (new business opportunities, acquisitions, re-orgs, equity adjustments, promotions) (v) preparation of monthly forecasts and annual budget/LRP (vi) group requires a deep understanding of the ad sales business. The position offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to play an integral role within Turner as a key member of the New York domestic ad sales finance team. Position reports to the Manager, Finance Analysis.
Key responsibilities include:
What do we need from you?
- Effectively manage and maintain total headcount expense data in Salary Planning and eTIP (incentive compensation tool) systems.
- Compile reporting and analysis surrounding total headcount expense and headcount metrics for forecast and budget.
- Assist with preparation of financial models, documentation of incentive compensation plans and employment agreements.
- Maintain and update Turner Incentive Plan (TIP) participant compensation data.
- Coordinate and lead position management process with human resources and accounting.
- Compile and provide monthly headcount reporting to accounting.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of incentive compensation files.
- Ensure changes in organizational structure are accurately reflected in all systems and reporting.
- Prepare and present monthly pacing reports to the division leads.
- Actively participate in ad hoc and special requests to assist senior leadership with business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years Finance/Accounting experience
- Proficient in all MS Office applications. Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
Desirable Experience Requirements:
- Compensation planning/HR Experience
- Hyperion Planning (Salary Planning), Hyperion Essbase or similar systems experience.
- Financial analysis/modeling
- Media/Entertainment Experience
- Enthusiastic team player who actively participates in team activities and discussions.
- Strong interpersonal skills when dealing with both internal team members and other groups.
- Desire for ownership and takes pride in own work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas both verbal and written.
- Ability to execute with a sense of urgency and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and be responsive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Flexible with the ability and willingness to adapt to change.
- Detail oriented with acute attention to detail and desire for accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills
- Client service
- Absolute discretion with confidential information.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.