| || The Turner Story |
Turner, a Time Warner company, is a global entertainment, sports and news company that creates premium content and delivers exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content. These efforts are fueled by data driven insights and industry leading technology. Turner owns and operates some of the most valuable brands in the world including Adult Swim, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, TCM, TNT, truTV, and Turner Sports. To learn more about Turner visit www.Turner.com.
What part will you play?
The CNN Digital development group, which builds and supports the Content Management System (CMS) and its underlying services that are used by CNN and its affiliates is looking for a strong Senior QA Automation Engineer who understands how to create automation tests for modern web based technologies. While Turner is a large company, we are invested in practicing Agile with a startup mentality, which allows for us to work with the latest leading-edge technologies and cloud-based platforms.
This is an amazing opportunity for a skilled Senior QA Automation engineer who wants to experience a career with a collaborative team that is spearheading innovation with all of the amazing benefits offered by a 2017 LinkedIn Top Company. Our environment is unique. Teamwork and a strong desire to learn new technologies are everyday requirements to succeed. Agile is a way of life and you'll have the full support of our entire group to bring new and innovative ideas and methodologies to improve our products and processes.
What will you be doing?
What do we require from you?
- 100% Automation test coverage for all tools.
- Working with CNN and CNN subsidiaries to provide a solid and stable solution to meet the demands of one of the largest news organizations in the world.
- Providing consistency across work breakdown and estimation so that the team can maintain a sustainable pace of development and QA while also allowing for good forecasting.
- Lending guidance towards software testing best practices, such as fully automated testing and CI/CD pipeline.
- RESTful architectures
- CI/CD, build pipelines (jenkins, bamboo, circleci, etc…)
- Cloud based services, such as AWS, GCP, etc...
- Issue tracking software such as JIRA
- Self-starter, knows how to work around dead ends, can pick something up on the fly
- Always open for a discussion/debate and seeking consensus
- 5+ years of test automation experience
- You don't know everything about QA Automation, but you want to learn as much as possible
Last, but most important is our team ethos.
aka read and if the above is your skill set and the below are your values then we can’t wait to meet you!
- Exhibit positivity
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Don’t Take Ourselves Too Seriously; Have Fun
- Act now, don’t hesitate
- Own our destiny
- Don’t let people down—including ourselves
- Achieve and celebrate success together
- Push forward, fail up
- Ask questions, challenge assumptions
- Quality is job one
- Good ideas flow all ways
- Communication is what the listener does
- Respect goes in all directions
But wait, there’s more!
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.