| || The Turner Story|
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, truTV, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Senior Director, News Solutions oversees and mentors a team of savvy sales marketers responsible for quarterbacking custom pitches and programs as well as developing brand positioning and go-to-market materials for Turner News’ brands including CNN, CNNMoney, CNN Politics, Explore Parts Unknown and more as needed. The position will report into the VP, News Solutions in NY.
For more information about the CP News team, check out: turnerignite.com/news
What will you be doing?
What do we require from you?
- The Sr. Director, News Solutions will manage, mentor, provide guidance and serve as a champion to a growing marketing team that supports the CNN Digital sales organization -- primarily focused on digital, social, emerging, events and collaborating with integrated/linear counterparts.
- On a daily basis, he/she will serve as the main point of contact for requests by CNN Digital/Turner News sales leaders regarding pitches, presentations, package-development, in-person meetings, media days, marketing collateral, etc. tied to their business. He/she will need to field requests, assign, evaluate and prioritize.
- He/she will train, guide and coach their team on ensuring that insights are at the core of pitches and that overarching platform concepts are threaded throughout entire pitch deck – beginning to end. He/she must be able to research and identify trends on their own as well as collaborate with the research & social insights teams -- interpreting and gathering relevant data/info to support a story.
- The Sr. Director will serve as the ‘final check’ for pre-sale pitches on the team they oversee and will be expected to lead high profile pre-sales programs, ensuring that ideas are best-in-class, new and different and are articulated in the best possible light (reflecting premium nature of programs, clarity of ideas; clean design) and are feasible within provided timeframes and budgets.
- He/she will be expected to push teams forward to drive innovative thinking and fresh ideas, leading with strategic positioning, reasoning and support. He/she should do so by actively contributing in brainstorms and leading by example.
- The Sr. Director will also spearhead the development of brand positioning and external and internal facing marketing collateral including general brand presentations, sizzles, product marketing overviews, marketplace positioning, email blasts, training materials).
- He/she will also be a key contributor in trade marketing and thought leadership messaging, strategy and planning.
- The Sr. Director will be responsible for identifying both issues and new opportunities and processes -- bringing solutions to the table, working hand in hand with VP, News Solutions, partners and other leaders across the organization to execute.
- He/she will also work on additional special projects alongside VP, News Solutions and other leaders.
But wait, there’s more!
- Min. 10+ years related marketing experience with an emphasis on custom marketing solutions; candidates with mix of advertising agency, digital publishing experience preferred
- Love of the news and documentary genre, passion for CNN and journalism a major plus
- Previous managerial experience, enthusiasm for mentoring and guiding teams
- Upbeat, can-do, proactive attitude, calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills – written, visual and presentation; must have a strong aesthetic eye and know how to direct creatives as well as simplify complex information through diagrams/visuals; must be comfortable with presenting ideas
- Detail-oriented, organized and extremely creative, with an ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Proven track record and experience with creating marketing plans for roll out of new collateral; understanding cadence of sales cycles
- Able to handle a complex environment with multiple stakeholders; excellent with relationship building
- Expertise in digital, social, emerging; knowledge of TV capabilities and offerings
- Expertise in PowerPoint, strong understanding of Keynote and other Microsoft Office or presentation products
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt to internal tracking systems and procedures
- Intrinsic curiosity and interest in ideation and cross-screen media consumption
- Industry knowledge and strong interest in media trends, consumption habits and social media important
- Ability to lead and manage projects independently
- He/she should be comfortable with change and adapting to new situations.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands