| || The Turner Story |
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
Great Big Story is looking for a Sales Planner to work in our NY Office in Union Square. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of digital advertising and social media, and will be able to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment. Account Planning and Strategy will lead in the ideation and creation of strategic sales proposals, generating ideas and concepts to solve client goals that are deeply rooted in storytelling and insights.
What will you be doing?
- Lead in the creation of proposals for incoming RFPs by creating media plans to meet advertiser and category objectives - Collaborate and brainstorm across departments in the creation of proactive and strategic proposals
- Develop strong understanding of GBS products and solutions for advertisers
- Assist in the creation of effective go to market tools for the sales team
- Work closely with Account Management team to ensure a smooth pass off from pre to post sale upon receiving insertion orders
- Establish relationships with agency and advertiser partners
- Ensure tracking of all custom products and non-turnkey solutions and ensure feasibility of execution by vetting through Creative and Ad Development teams
- Ensure all approvals are acquired from relevant departments prior to sending out a proposal
- Respond to Sales requests about inventory, ad products, creative specifications, and research
- Ensure media plans include accurate pricing and utilize approved products and available inventory and adhere to defined business processes to ensure optimal program performance
- Enter and manage insertion orders within internal sales operations systems and align with sellers on dollar discrepancies between internal sales operations systems
What do we require from you?
- 1 - 3 years experience working at a media agency or publisher managing a brand's digital advertising strategy and buying activities - Knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Passionate about social media
- Must be self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with client interfacing role
- Professional, polite, respectful and able to play well with other
- Creative and strategic in nature with the ability to think outside the box and articulate "big ideas"
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Keynote preferred
- Familiarity with DoubleClick DFP, DFA, Atlas, Comscore Media Metrix, and Salesforce.com a plus
But wait, there’s more!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.