| || The Turner Story |
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram!
What does our department do?
- Turner Sports Ad Sales Research supports Linear & Digital Ad Sales executives by analyzing data from industry-leading sources, finding key insights, & storytelling to showcase the strength of the Turner Sports portfolio within a highly competitive media marketplace.
- Representing the industry's most diverse and high-profile collection of sports media rights, the Turner Sports portfolio features NCAA March Madness, NBA on TNT, MLB on TBS, Bleacher Report, E League, PGA Championship, Ryder Cup, and beginning in 2018, the UEFA Champions League & Europa League.
What will you be doing?
What do we require from you?
- Learn & utilize industry-leading media research tools to find & analyze data.
- Using those tools, create sales positioning materials that place Turner Sports positively within the marketplace.
- Research future trends that impact Turner Sports' business opportunities & the Sports/Media industry at large.
- Assist research analysts with larger projects
- Positive attitude & a willingness to learn
- MS Office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interest in sports a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis a plus.
- Familiarity/experience with internal analytics platforms (Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics) and syndicated research sources (comScore Media Metrix, Nielsen @Plan, NetRatings, AdIntel, AdRelevance, Plan Metrix, MRI, NPOWER, STAR) a plus.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Fall 2018 Program
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
- September 10th through December 7th.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.