| || Time Warner Inc., a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks and film and TV entertainment, uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide on a multi-platform basis.
Our operating divisions, Home Box Office, Inc., Time Warner Corporate, Turner, and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. share a dedication to light up the world’s screens with the best storytelling, across technological frontiers and geographic boundaries. They maintain unrivaled reputations as homes for creativity and excellence, with brands and leading scale that attract the best talent and ideas, and allow creative talent and journalists to realize their visions and share them with the world.
| || The person in this position will be responsible for various aspects of analysis and reporting on Time Warner’s operating divisions.|
- Support department with ongoing detailed analysis of financial performance and forecasts for Time Warner’s Warner Bros. operating division
- Assist with the reforecasting process including the creation of financial narratives and commentary, variance analyses, trend analyses, etc.
- Maintain multiple reports and analyses related to Time Warner’s operating divisions
- Interact with multiple levels of staff across TW Corporate disciplines (Investor Relations, External Reporting etc.) and operating divisions
- Present information in formal and informal settings
- Participation in the review of documents related to and the creation of analyses for multiple reporting processes: Quarterly Earnings release, External reporting (10Q/10K), Monthly Internal reporting to Senior Management, Periodic reporting to divisional CEOs, Various presentations to Senior Management, Board of Directors, Investors, ratings agencies etc.
- Monitor, track and analyze key performance indicators and communicate relevant trends
- Prepare and communicate competitor analysis including industry and peer data and trends
- Maintain and expand financial models as to forecast performance of Time Warner’s Warner Bros. division
- Participate in the planning and administration of the annual budget process including detailed review and analysis of divisional budget submissions
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, perform ad hoc financial analyses for senior management, and participate in various corporate wide special projects and initiatives
- Develop and utilize a strong working knowledge of the Financial Planning system (Longview)
- Stay abreast of current financial and operational issues impacting Time Warner consolidated and divisional performance
- Identify opportunities and implement process improvements, including automation, through effective use of financial systems
- Assist with consolidation, analysis and reporting on various key areas of Time Warner’s operations including digital, international and foreign exchange reporting.
- BS in Accounting and/or Finance, CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Strong analytical skills with a solid background in accounting and/or finance
- Public accounting and media industry experience preferred
- Experience in multi division financial planning, reporting and analysis a plus
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications with a focus on Excel, Powerpoint and MS Word. Knowledge of Longview financial consolidation system a plus.
- Analytical thinker with a strong understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Hands-on team player willing to participate in a variety of projects in a variety of roles
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong sense of initiative, drive
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of corporate and divisional staff and management
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills